The Penguin Collector 89
|Type:||Newsletter (The Penguin Collector)|
|Focus:||Books, Design, History of Penguin, Penguin Personalities|
The sections in this issue are Making Penguins; Selling Penguins; Penguin Points and Society News. In his ‘Editorial and Introduction’, James Mackay refers back to Collector 88, both to update on the situation of Pearson/Penguin Random House and also to comment on the quality of some of the colour reproductions. Two of the images are reprinted.
• ‘Allen and Richard Lane’ by Victor Weybright
• ‘A Flock of Penguins’ by Patricia Morriss
• ‘The Belle Sauvage Library’ by Paul Lickiss
• ‘Where have all the Hummingbirds gone’
• ‘Designing Penguin Modern Classics’
• ‘A Bookselling Revolution’ by James Mackay
• ‘Heffers Penguin Bookshop’ by Julie Bounford
• ‘Augmenting the Archive’ by Hannah Lowery
• Jeremy Lewis 1942-2017
• Report on Members' Visit to The London Library
• Report on Bedford AGM
The Penguin Collector 89 contains an insert on the Society's Annual Meeting for 2018.
Also mailed is a Supplement to the Checklist of the Picture Puffin Books and Related Series.